5.26.2013

Pet Grief

There's mourning this morning in the Turner house. Yesterday afternoon/evening, we lost a member of our household, our cat Wesley. I think Eli worded the situation perfectly in this Facebook post:

I'm sorry to say that today we lost a very wonderful member of our home. Our sweet cat Wesley finally succumbed to the FLV we knew could rear its head someday. He was very loved by anyone who met him, and he will be missed more than I could ever hope to find words to express. He went peacefully, spared from the prolonged pain that would have otherwise awaited him in the coming days or weeks. He passed while being held and scratched by loving hands, happy through his very last second. We only had him for three and a half years, but he saw fit to pack his borrowed time with enough love for multiple lifetimes. We will miss him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment